- Business > Entrepreneurship
- business, sales, marketing, consulting
- business, sales, marketing, consulting, testimonials
- freelance,business, sales, marketing, consulting
Now displaying: Page 1
Jan 10, 2017
- How he taught himself to sell, including the steps of the sale, how to turn features into benefits, and how to close.
- How he taught his team to sell.
- "People hate to be sold to, but people love to buy."
- Why if you're doing too much "hard core selling", your message isn't right.
- Why introverts have a long term advantage in sales versus most extraverts. (And how to take that advantage.)
- Why he puts the message first, even before the audience.
- Why you need to turn features into benefits, and benefits into stories.
- Why stories are so important.
- What can I do above and beyond the core functional skills/services/products to give my customer an amazing experience.
- Why you don't want to spend tons of time writing "educational" proposals-- it not only wastes your time, it decreases your chances of winning.
- If you confuse the customer, you lose the sale.
- Practical steps on niching, including a real world example (and a meta-example of Matthew's storytelling).
- Why our brains are overwhelmed by input and we have to focus.
- Focus on the people who love what you do-- not the people you can never make happy.
- Most people have been motivated by fear of not having enough money for most of their lives. They have a set of goals that are driven from here.
- Why if you do what you love, there's always more energy (as shown by Matthew in this interview after getting 4.5 hours of sleep).
- The mistake people make in underestimating themselves.